Small Bites & Appetizers
1-2 bacon strips
- 1 cup/240 ml melted MagicalButter Sensual Chocolate (recipe in Dessert and Candies)
- 1 pound/450 g thick-cut bacon
- ⅓ cup/80 ml brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml cayenne pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml chipotle pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF/150°C.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar salt and pepper powders.
- Lay the bacon strips on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Coat the bacon with the sugar mix on both sides and bake it on the center oven rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bacon flip it over and return it to the oven. Switch from bake to broil and set the temperature on high. Broil the bacon for 2-3 minutes watching closely to be sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pan from the broiler and let it relax for 1-2 minutes.
- Coat the bacon with Sensual Chocolate; then place it on a fresh sheet of parchment paper and refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve and enjoy! Divine Swine will make you and your lucky guests squeal with delight!