Squid Ink Risotto Stuffed Baby Peppers
Small Bites & Appetizers
- 10-15 baby sweet peppers yellow red and orange halved
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 6 cups/1420 ml fortified shrimp fish chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups/475 ml arborio rice
- 1 pound/450 g fish shrimp lobster or mushrooms diced (optional)
- 1 cup/240 ml dry white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc)
- ¼ cup/60 g flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons/30-45 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml squid ink (I get mine at my local seafood store)
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml of seasoning salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 shallot minced
- ½ lemon (juice and zest)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- In a large bowl mix the peppers the rest of the oil and the Spice Mix until the peppers are completely covered.
- Fill the peppers with the risotto and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place the sheet on the center rack of your preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish your Cuttlefish Ink Risotto Stuffed Peppers serve and enjoy!
- In a medium-sized sauté pan set to medium-high heat the oil for 45-60 seconds.
- Add the onion shallot mushrooms (optional) and half the salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the rice increase the heat to high and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and cook until almost all of it is boiled off stirring occasionally.
- Combine the squid Ink lemon juice and broth in a separate pot. Cook on high heat until it just starts to boil.
- Add 1½ cups/360 ml of the stock mixture into the rice stirring occasionally and cook until the stock has almost completely absorbed. Repeat until all the stock has cooked off leaving the rice with a creamy sauce-like consistency.
- Add seafood or mushrooms (optional) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste. Your risotto is now ready to stuff into the peppers.
Serving size is 1 to 2 peppers with each stuffed with ¼ - ⅓ cup / 60-80 ml risotto each