Amazing Apple Pie
- Skill Level: --
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 Minutes
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Magical Olive Oil
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 6-7 cups granny Smith apples sliced,
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Magical Butter
- 3 tablespoons organic AP flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon,
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg mix together put in pie crust
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, add flour and salt and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil and milk, then add to flour and mix until smooth. It may look a little oily, but that’s normal. Do not worry about overworking the dough.
- Cut the dough in half, and roll them into disks.
- Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days, and in the freezer for 3 months.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples, and put them into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice on the apples while you’re slicing so they don’t turn brown.
- Now add the brown sugar, flour and spices and mix thoroughly.
Assemble and cook:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Take 4 sheets for parchment or wax paper, and place each pie crust dough on a piece of paper and top with the other piece paper.
- Evenly roll each dough into a circular shape until they’re about 1/4-inch thick. The dough should reach the factory edges of the paper, and be bigger than your 9-in round pie dish.
- Line the bottom crusts over your pie dish, and trim the edges. This dough is very forgiving, so don’t be afraid to work with it if needed.
- Fill with your apple mixture, dot the top of the apples with the butter.
- Roll the top crust so that it fits over the pie.
- Trim the edges, press to seal and flute or fork edges.
- Loosely cover the edges with the aluminum foil.
- Cut slits in the top of the crust and place into the middle of your oven and bake 25 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack, and serve either warm or room temperature.
- Cut into 16 slices, and enjoy!