Apple Pie Pockets
- Skill Level: --
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: 1 Pocket
- Yield: 16 Servings
- ¼ cup MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons for brushing pastry tops
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cognac
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic all-purpose flour
- 1 puff-pastry sheet
- 1 large Granny Smith apple; peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the MagicalButter.
- Whisk in the flour to form a roux. Then, add the water, sugar, cognac, and brown sugar, and stir.
- Bring the pot to a boil; then, reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer.
- Add the Peeled and Chopped Granny Smith Apple then stir; followed by your Vanilla Bean Paste and Cinnamon.
- Cut your puff-pastry sheet into 4-inch squares. Place 1 teaspoon of apple filling in the middle of the sheet, brush a light coating of egg wash all the way around the edges, fold, and press to seal.
- Brush the tops of each puff with MagicalButter, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let your Apple Pie Pockets cool for 5 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!