Black Chinese Heirloom Rice with Coconut Milk
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: ½ cup/120 ml
- Yield: About 2 cups/475 ml
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 1 cup/240 ml black Chinese heirloom rice
- 1 cup/240 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth, preferably homemade
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4-6 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan set to medium, heat the oil, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, scallions, garlic, salt, and pepper for 8-10 minutes.
- Add rice, stir and cook for another 2 minutes, coating all the grains of rice with oil.
- Add broth and coconut milk, stir thoroughly and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 1 minute, stir one more time, then cover the pan tightly, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes, fluff with a fork, serve, and enjoy!