Brownie Love Tart
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-45 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 2” x 2”/5 cm x 5 cm square
- Yield: 16-20 brownies
- ⅔ cup/160 ml Magical Butter or MB coconut oil
- 3¼ cups/770 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup/240 g sugar
- ½ cup/120 g baker’s flour
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml instant espresso coffee
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml pure vanilla extract
- 3 extra large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml kosher salt
- Melt the MagicalButter/MB coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Add 2 cups/475 ml of chocolate chips, and gently stir until the chocolate melts.
- Set the mixture aside to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Butter and flour a heart-shaped tart pan (if you have one).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee, and vanilla at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly stir the melted chocolate into the egg/sugar mix.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt; then mix in ½ cup/120 ml of the chocolate chips.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low; then add the flour mixture into the batter, ⅓ at a time, mixing until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan, and bake it for 25-45 minutes, depending on the size of your pan. The center will puff up, nearly doubling in thickness.
- Cool it to room temperature before removing the sides of the tart pan.
- In the double boiler, create a ganache by melting the remaining ¾ cup/180 ml of chocolate chips with the cream, stirring until smooth and shiny.
- Drizzle the ganache over your Brownie Love Tart. Slice, serve, and savor!
- If using a large cookie-style pan, bake for 17-20 minutes.
- If using an individual/muffin-size brownie pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- If using a 9 inch/23 cm heart-shaped or 8 inch/20 cm square pan, bake for 35-45 minutes.