Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Pasta
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 1 cup/240 ml
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
- 1 pound/450g pasta (such as Barilla Protein Penne), cooked just before al dente and set aside
- 1 pound/450 g boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 cup/240 ml organic milk
- ½ cup/120 ml white wine (or lager beer)
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 8 ounces/225 g broccoli florets, cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces/115 g extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces/115 g Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces/115 g pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic flour
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ large red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml flour
- 4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButter or oil
- 1 cup/240 ml seasoned bread crumbs or fresh homemade
- 2-4 ounces/55-115 g parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the MagicalButter.
- Add the breadcrumbs, and stir for 1 minute. Then add the parmesan cheese, stir, and remove from heat. Set the pan aside until just before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- In a large pot of well-salted water, boil the pasta until half-cooked (about 4 minutes). Strain, and set it aside.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat your MagicalButter for 30-45 seconds.
- Add onions and shallots, stirring over medium heat until they’re golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Add garlic, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and chicken broth, stir, and cook for 2-3 minutes; add milk, and whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly add the cheeses, one at a time, constantly whisking them until fully incorporated into the sauce (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a large bowl, add pasta and ¾ of your cheese sauce. Stir until the pasta is completely coated; then fold in chicken and broccoli.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a glass casserole baking dish. Then top it with the rest of the cheese sauce, coat it with breadcrumbs, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When time is up, remove from the oven and plate your Chicken & Broccoli Cheesy Pasta, and enjoy!