- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Chill Time:
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Yield: about 24 caramels
- ½ cup MagicalButter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla bean paste or extract
- Place all the ingredients except vanilla extract into a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Place a candy thermometer in the pan, and heat to 250°-270°F, depending how hard you want your caramels (a lower temperature produces softer, chewier candy).
- Once the caramels have reached desired temperature, remove your pan from the heat; then add the vanilla, and whisk for 10 seconds.
- Pour the caramel mixture into a glass measuring cup, then quickly into your molds.
- Refrigerate your Creamy Caramels for about 1 hour, and enjoy!