Dee’s Carnival Nuts
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 3-4 ounces/85-115 g
- Yield: 15-20 servings
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Tincture
- 4 cups/950 ml powdered sugar
- 1 cup/240 ml roasted pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup/240 ml roasted almonds
- 1 cup/240 ml roasted cashews
- ⅔ cup/160 ml orange blossom honey
- ½ cup/120 ml sugar
- ½ cup/120 ml brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml fresh ground cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons/25 ml pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml kosher salt
- In an extra large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add all nuts and cook until a slight char begins to develop.
- Add tincture, and cook for 3 minutes; then add oil, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, honey, salt, and 2 tablespoons/30 ml of cinnamon, and stir continuously while cooking until the sugars dissolve and create a caramel.
- In an extra large steel salad bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the rest of the cinnamon; then put on your LoveGlove.
- Swirling the bowl in a circular motion, gradually add the nuts, using your gloved hand to press the caramel nuts into the powdered sugar mix, continuing until all the nuts are covered.
- Allow Dee’s Carnival Nuts to cool, and enjoy!