Farmer’s Pie (Turkey or Chicken Shepherd’s Pie)
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: N/A
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 1½ pounds/680 g organic ground turkey or chicken, 95-99% lean
- ½-¾ cup/120-180 ml white wine (of your preferred type for drinking)
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- ½ cup/120 ml frozen organic peas
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted and crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil for 30 seconds. Add onions, carrots, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine. Cook for 5 minutes, continuing to stir; then add tomato paste, Worcestershire and broth. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add turkey, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen peas; then pour the mixture into a baking pan, and top with roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove your Farmer’s Pie from the oven, serve, and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: This dish tastes fantastic topped with Giddy Guinness Gravy!