Feeling High Pad Thai
- Skill Level: --
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: About 1 Cup
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces pad thai noodles
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 Serrano or Fresno chili, sliced thin
- ½ cup Magical Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup shallots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- Roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak for about 5 minutes, or until they just soften.
- Drain the noodles thoroughly, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, chilies, lime juice and zest.
- In a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat for 90 seconds.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally,
- Add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes per side.
- Toss the pad thai noodles in, and cook for about 2 minutes to heat them through.
- Push the noodles to one side of the pan and place the shrimp on top.
- In the empty part of the pan add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, add the eggs, scramble and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the scallions and toss everything together, add the sauce mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, making sure the noodles are evenly coated.
- Plate, and top with peanuts, cilantro and and serve with lime wedges.