Filet Steak Roll-Ups
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: --
- Yield: --
- 5-6 tablespoons Magical Ghee Butter
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds beef tenderloin or skirt steak, sliced into 3-inch thin strips
- 1 carrot, matchstick cut
- 1 yellow bell pepper, matchstick cut
- asparagus, cut tips with the stems 3-inches long
- 1/2 white onion, matchstick cut
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Season the steak slices with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a skillet placed over a medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, honey, beef stock, and season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add butter and cook the garlic for 1 or 2 minutes; then add all the remaining vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes. They should be soft but still a little crunchy,
- Season with oregano, basil, sea salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.
- Arrange a small pile of vegetables in the center of each slice of beef. Tightly roll the meat around the filling, and secure with a toothpick.
- Return the beef rolls to the skillet, and cook over a medium-high heat on all sides until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks, spoon some of the balsamic sauce over the rolls, and serve.