Herb-In Legend Steak Sauce
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 1-2 tablespoons/15-30 ml
- Yield: about 4 cups/950 ml
- ½ cup/125 ml MagicalButter Tincture (for reduction in Step 1, below)
- ⅓ cup/80 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup/60 ml Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup/125 ml freshly squeezed tangerine or clementine juice
- ½ cup/125 ml water
- ½ cup/125 ml balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup/60 ml worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup/60 ml ketchup
- ¼ cup/60 ml organic raisins
- 8-12 cloves garlic (4-6 fresh and 4-6 roasted), crushed
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml celery seed
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml black pepper
- 1 pinch/⅓ ml cayenne pepper
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low, heat the tincture until most of the alcohol has evaporated (about 15 minutes), creating MBO (MagicalButterOil). It should look like molasses.
- Raise the heat to medium, add the coconut oil, and heat it for 1 minute. Then add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the contents to your MagicalButter machine with the rest of the ingredients, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 2 hours/Butter button.
- After the cycle is completed, transfer your Herb-In Legend Sauce into your desired storage container.
Check the consistency. If you want your sauce to be thicker, just reduce it. It’s easy to do: In a large saucepan, slowly simmer the sauce over medium heat until the desired consistency is achieved. Make sure to stir frequently, so as not to burn the sauce.