Macadamia Nut Oil Face and Body Scrub
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: N/A
- Yield: about 3½ cups/830 ml
- 2 pounds/900 g brown sugar
- 16 ounces/480 ml macadamia nut oil
- 2 ounces/60 ml grapefruit natural oil
- 1 ounce/30 ml blood orange (citrus sinensis) natural oil
- ¼ ounce/8 ml lily-of-the-valley fragrance oil
- Place all ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160ºF/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- Sterilize containers of your choice by boiling them for 5-10 minutes.
- When the cycle is completed, pour the oil into a large bowl, and allow it to cool completely; then stir in the brown sugar.
- Transfer the mixture into your sterilized containers.
DO NOT add sugar to hot or warm oil. The sugar will melt, and you will end up with a sugary mess. You can also use white or raw sugar in place of brown sugar.
One of the main ingredients in macadamia nut oil is palmitoleic acid, a compound beneficial in delaying the skin cell-aging process. We infuse it with citrus-based essential oils to help with blemishes and promote an even skin tone. The scrub is non-toxic, non-allergenic, and contains no harmful chemicals that can irritate the skin. Equally important, it smells and tastes wonderful!