Magical Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
- Chill Time: n/a
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup/120 ml
- ½ cup/120 ml melted MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml for the baking pan
- 3 pounds/1⅓ kg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces/285 g miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup/240 ml brown sugar
- ½ cup/120 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml honey
- ½ tablespoon/7½ ml pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Into a large pot over medium-high heat, place the potatoes, 2 tablespoons/30 ml of salt, and enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Boil them until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander to remove as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the marshmallows plus the rest of the ingredients, and mash thoroughly.
- Transfer the mix to a large buttered casserole dish, and top it with the rest of the marshmallows.
- Place the casserole into your preheated oven, and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. The top will glow with a golden yumminess.
- Remove your Magical Candied Sweet Potato Casserole from the oven, serve hot, and enjoy!