- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, cook the sausage for 5-7 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Remove the sausage from the pan, and drain the excess fat.
- Place the pan back on the heat. Add the coconut oil, onions, celery, and salt, and sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausage, sage, and rosemary, and cook for another minute; then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the herbed sausage, stuffing bread cubes, and diced apple.
- Add the chicken stock, and knead the stuffing with your hands until the bread is very moist.
- Season to taste with salt, transfer to an ovenproof dish, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve piping hot, and enjoy!
Your Magical Holiday Stuffing will be crusty on top and hot all the way through. Your happy guests will show you why it’s called “stuffing!”