Meatloaf Cupcakes with Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yield: 12-16 cupcakes
- ⅓ cup/80 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 1 pound/450g freshly ground sirloin, 90% lean (or substitute lean ground pork or turkey)
- 1 cup/240 ml onion, finely diced
- 1 cup/240 ml carrots, finely diced
- ½ cup/120 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml ketchup
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml chili powder
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml thyme, fresh or dried
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large eggs
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
- 2 pounds/900 g russet potatoes, quartered
- ½ cup/120 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup/60 ml sour cream
- ¼ cup/60 ml chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml half-and-half
- ¾ teaspoon/4 ml pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml freshly ground black pepper
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat ¼ cup/60 ml of coconut oil for 1 minute.
- Add onion, carrot, and garlic, and cook for 7-10 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Fill each cupcake space with meatloaf mixture (for a more dense cupcake, compress the mixture).
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the cupcake center reaches 160ºF/70°C.
- In a large pot of water on medium-high heat, boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Strain the potatoes, and transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the MagicalButter, sour cream, and half-and-half.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the potatoes at medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until they become fluffy.
- Combine the cheese, chives, bacon, salt, and pepper into the whipped potatoes, and mix just until everything is combined.
- Fill a piping bag with your Loaded Smashed Potatoes, and swirl them atop your Meatloaf Cupcakes; garnish with more chives, bacon, and cheese to your liking, and enjoy!