Phenomenal Fowl Cutlets
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 1 cutlet
- Yield: about 6 cutlets
- ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter fresh herb duck fat
- 2 cups/475 ml Italian seasoning breadcrumbs
- 1 pound/450 g boneless and skinless chicken breast, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup/60 ml cream or milk
- ¼ cup/60 ml Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ fresh lemon
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a brownie baking dish or other appropriate dish, whisk eggs and cream/milk together to make an egg wash.
- In a separate dish, add the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, and mix well.
- Set up an assembly line for breading the cutlets. First the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs, then salt and pepper, then a tray. Dip, bread, and salt and pepper the cutlets; place them on the tray; and set them aside.
- In a large sauté pan set to medium-plus (not quite medium-high), heat the duck fat and oil for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cutlet at a time, taking care to leave enough room that no cutlets are touching. Sauté them until a rich, golden brown color emerges on each side.
- When the cutlets are finished cooking, place them on a plate with paper towels.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; squeeze the juice of the ½ lemon over the cutlets and let them sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve your Phenomenal Fowl Cutlets with sautéed broccoli rabe, and enjoy!