Red Velvet Pancakes
- Skill Level: --
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 1/2 Hours
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: 2 Pancakes
- Yield: 5 Servings
- ½ cup Magical Butter, melted and divided in half
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon red food color
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk thoroughly.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add milk mixture, and whisk together just until all of the ingredients are combined, leaving the batter slightly lumpy.
- Heat your pan over medium heat for 60-90 seconds.
- Butter the pan, then pour about ¼ cup batter into for each pancake.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until edges set up, and the top is bubbly.
- Carefully flip the pancake, and cook for another 1-2 minutes to cook the pancake through.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Dust the pancakes with powdered sugar, and serve with your favorite syrups and toppings.