- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: --
- Chill Time: 1-2 Hours
- Serving Size: --
- Yield: --
- 2 pounds fresh ahi tuna
- 1 small round onion, julienne cut
- 3 green onions, diced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated fresh ginger
- 3 finely diced garlic cloves
- ½ cup coconut soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Kani Su Salad
- ¼ cup Magical Olive Oil
- 4 ounces crab meat, claw or lump
- 1 tablespoon toasted MagicalButter Sesame Oil
- 2 European or English Cucumbers, thinly sliced into ½ moon shapes, remove seeds
- 2 tablespoon coconut soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (black and white)
- 3 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Magical Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of coarse Kosher Salt (for soaking cucumbers)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut Ahi into about 1/2-inch cubes, cover, set in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all of the other ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When you ready to serve, toss Ahi and other ingredients together thoroughly.
- Serve on a chilled platter over a fresh Kanisu Salad.
Kani Su Salad
- In a large bowl place sliced cucumbers, salt and water filled to cover the cucumbers, and let soak for 1-2 hours, then rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients for the dressing in and whisk to completely combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the dressing and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Plate, top with scallions and sesame seeds, and serve.