Wagyu New York Strip with Langostino (or Shrimp) Scampi
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: about 20 minutes
- Chill Time:
- Serving Size: 8 ounces/225 g steak, ½ cup/120 ml scampi
- Yield: 4 servings
- 7 tablespoons/105 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 2 boneless, 2 inch/5 cm thick Wagyu New York strip steaks, halved into 4 steaks of equal size
- 2-4 tablespoons/30-60 ml Steak Rub seasoning
- Turn grill on High.
- In a medium-sized bowl, massage 3 tablespoons/45 ml of oil onto steaks, and apply the Steak Rub on all sides of the steaks.
- In a large sauté pan set to medium-high, heat 4 tablespoons/60 ml of olive oil for 60-90 seconds.
- Place the steaks into the pan one at a time, and sear them for 90 seconds on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, and place them on a serving dish.
- Apply more oil and Steak Rub to the steaks; then sear them on the grill on high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and top the steaks with the leftover oil from the pan; let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Top your Wagyu New York Strip Steaks with Langostino Scampi, serve with a side dish of broccoli rabe, and enjoy!