Washington Potato Skins
- Skill Level: --
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: 1-2 Potato Skins
- Yield: 10 Servings
- ½ cup Magical Butter, melted, divided in half
- 10 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 5 large redskin potatoes
- 3 scallions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa (we recommend Slammin’ Salsa) [RECIPE LINK]
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Rub the potatoes lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for 45 minutes. While the potatoes are baking, prepare all your toppings.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the sour cream with 4 tablespoons of the melted butter, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Wearing your LoveGlove™ cooking glove to handle the warm potatoes, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the inside, or flesh, from each potato half with a teaspoon, leaving about ¼ inch attached to the skin. (Save the scooped flesh for another use, like potato pancakes or soup.)
- Return the potato halves to the baking sheet. Add 1 teaspoon of melted butter to the center of each one, and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top the skins with the shredded cheddar, and bake for 7 minutes or until bubbly. Then, remove them from the oven.
- To assemble, begin with the bacon, then a teaspoon of sour cream, then top with some salsa and hot sauce to taste, and sprinkle a little of the chopped scallions over the plate.
- Serve your Washington Potato Skins with sour cream and salsa, and enjoy!