Whoa Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Chill Time: N/A
- Serving Size: 1 cup/240 ml
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- ½ cup/115 g MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml for the pasta
- 4 cups/950 ml milk
- 1½-2 pounds/680-910 g fresh cooked lobster, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound/450g pasta of your choice (I use cavatappi for this dish)
- 12 ounces/340 g Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces/225 g extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-4 ounces/55-115 g cream cheese
- ¼-⅓ cup/60-80 ml all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml Black or White Truffle Oil (drizzled on top to finish)
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon/2½ ml black truffle salt
- ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml nutmeg
- 1-1½ cups/235-355 ml seasoned bread crumbs or fresh homemade
- 2-4 ounces/55-115 g parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButter
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Fill a large pot with sufficient water for pasta, adding a generous amount of salt; bring it to a boil; only cook the pasta halfway, strain, and set it aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add heat the milk.
- In a separate large saucepan set to medium, heat the butter or oil and the flour, and stir until the mixture is smooth, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now add heated milk, and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly begin to add cheeses, then salt, pepper, and nutmeg; and whisk to until the cheeses are fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Add pasta, and mix until it is all coated; then fold in the lobster pieces.
- Portion out into 2 cup casserole dishes or put into a 9 x 13 inch/23 x 33 cm glass casserole baking dish, and top it with the MagicalButter, bread crumb, and cheese mix.
- For the topping: Combine the MagicalButter, breadcrumbs, and parmesan, and sprinkle on top just before baking.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Top your Lobster Mac & Cheese with truffle oil. It’s WHOA!!!