- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Remove everything from inside the chicken, and rinse it inside and out.
- Remove most of the fat, skin, and any leftover pin feathers from the back of the chicken, and pat it dry. Pat, pat. Who’s a good bird? That’s a good little birdie.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the MagicalButter, half the oil, the garlic powder, and poultry seasoning, and liberally rub it over the chicken. Salt and pepper the inside.
- Stuff the chicken with 1 thyme bunch, both halves of the lemon, and the garlic bulb.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string, tucking the wing tips under the body.
- In a roasting pan, toss the onions, carrots, and fennel with the rest of the oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining sprigs of thyme.
- Spread the vegetables evenly in a 9″ x 13″/23 x 33 cm roasting pan, and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1½-2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F/70°C.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter. Cover them with foil for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to commingle and infuse together.
- “You’re Roasted, Chicken!” Serve, and enjoy!
Suggested side dishes: The vegetables from the pan; mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!!
- When cooking poultry, the general rule of thumb is: 450°F/230°C to roast a whole (thawed) chicken. Roast for 10-15 minutes per pound.
- If including herb flower in your recipe, use 325-350°F/160-180°C, and cook for 20 minutes per pound.
- When time is up, if the meat thermometer reads less than 160°F/70°C, return the chicken to the oven for an additional 10 minutes; then re-check the internal temperature.