Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Pasta
1 cup/240 ml
View MB2e MagicalButter Machine
4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButteror oil
- 1 cup/240 ml seasoned bread crumbs or fresh homemade
- 2-4 ounces/55-115 g parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
- 1 pound/450g pasta (such as Barilla Protein Penne) cooked just before al dente and set aside
- 1 pound/450 g boneless chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1 cup/240 ml organic milk
- ½ cup/120 ml white wine (or lager beer)
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 8 ounces/225 g broccoli florets cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces/115 g extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces/115 g Gruyère cheese shredded
- 4 ounces/115 g pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic flour
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced
- ½ large red onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml flour
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat melt the MagicalButter.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stir for 1 minute. Then add the parmesan cheese stir and remove from heat. Set the pan aside until just before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- In a large pot of well-salted water boil the pasta until half-cooked (about 4 minutes). Strain and set it aside.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat your MagicalButter for 30-45 seconds.
- Add onions and shallots stirring over medium heat until they’re golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and chicken broth stir and cook for 2-3 minutes; add milk and whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly add the cheeses one at a time constantly whisking them until fully incorporated into the sauce (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a large bowl add pasta and ¾ of your cheese sauce. Stir until the pasta is completely coated; then fold in chicken and broccoli.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a glass casserole baking dish. Then top it with the rest of the cheese sauce coat it with breadcrumbs and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When time is up remove from the oven and plate your Chicken & Broccoli Cheesy Pasta and enjoy!