Harissa Butter Asparagus
Small Bites & Appetizers
- 4 tablespoons MagicalButter at room temperature
- 30 spears asparagus with any ends removed
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 3½ teaspoons harissa hot chili pepper paste
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of ½ lemon
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes until a slight surface char develops.
- Add the MagicalButter and garlic stir and let simmer for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness of the spears.
- Add the harissa paste and stir thoroughly. Then add the lime juice stir well and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the preferred doneness is achieved. Don’t overcook—no one likes a limp spear!
- Garnish your Harissa Butter Asparagus with the cilantro and lemon zest. Serve and enjoy!