Cocoa Butter Lotion
Topicals & Salves
- 1 cup/240 ml raw unscented cocoa butter
- 1 cup/240 ml coconut oil
- ½ cup/120 ml lotion base or distilled water
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml lecithin
- 3 capsules Vitamin E
- Fragrant essential oil (optional)
- Place all ingredients into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 2 Hours/Butter button.
- Sterilize storage containers by boiling them for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the lotion into the sterilized containers. Allow the lotion to cool completely before securing the lids.
1 cup/240 ml raw unscented cocoa butter 1 cup/240 ml coconut oil ½ cup/120 ml lotion base or distilled water 3 tablespoons/45 ml lecithin 3 capsules Vitamin E Fragrant essential oil (optional) Cocoa butter comes from the vegetable-fat part of the cocoa bean. It provides a wonderful barrier on your skin to lock in moisture. Though it may not get rid of them, cocoa butter does help to prevent your skin from getting stretch marks. It is especially good therapy for extremely dry skin. The best time to use Cocoa Butter Lotion is after a shower, while the skin is still moist. Cocoa Butter Lotion must be refrigerated for up to 2 months to avoid spoilage because it contains no preservatives. Using unscented cocoa butter is ideal for those who love the benefits of cocoa butter but not the scent. Adding fragrant essential oil is a wonderful option if you would prefer your lotion to have the aroma of flowers. Cheers to goodness!