Whipped Shea Butter Lotion
Topicals & Salves
- 2 cups/475 ml unrefined shea butter
- ½ cup/120 ml organic vegetable glycerin
- ½ cup/120 ml coconut oil
- ¼ ounce/7 g sandalwood essential oil
- Place all ingredients into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160ºF/71°C; then press the 2 Hours/Butter button.
- Sterilize containers of your choice by boiling them for 5-10 minutes.
- When the cycle is completed pour the liquid butter into a mixing bowl.
- While the butter is starting to settle and still soft begin whipping it with an electric mixer. Whip away until the desired creaminess is achieved.
- Transfer the whipped butter into your sterilized containers. If room temperature does not exceed 76ºF/25°C no refrigeration is necessary. For best results use your Whipped Shea Butter Lotion within 30 days.
Since there are no preservatives in the recipe, make sure you keep the lotion in well-ventilated area, away from moisture. Wash your hands before touching the lotion, to keep it sanitary. Shea butter is a natural ingredient widely used in skin and hair care products. We use a combination of organic vegetable glycerin and coconut oil as carriers, so the butter retains the desired softness. Whipping the final product injects plenty of air into the lotion, making it delightfully creamy and fluffy. Sandalwood essential oil adds a subtle, gentle scent that is pleasant and not overwhelming; feel free to add other essential oils of your choosing. Whipped shea butter is one of the most amazing emollients you can treat your skin to. Its silky texture absorbs deeply, enriching your skin with an effective barrier to retain moisture and prevent dryness while you’re having fun in the sun. Allergy sufferers can make it fragrance-free, a key benefit of owning a MagicalButter machine. Shea butter is also used in massage therapy.