Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Skill Level:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: about 1 hour 15 minutes
- Chill Time:
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Yield: about 5 cups
- ½ cup MagicalButter, (plus 3 tablespoons for roux)
- 3 cups homemade chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, plus 4 ounces for garnish
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons organic all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons organic flour
- 1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder, or to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional and or to taste
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cooked broccoli florets
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add the onion and ½ cup of MagicalButter, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauté pan on medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of MagicalButter and the flour, and cook until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes). Remove the pan from heat, and set it aside.
- Place the butter-onion mix, roux, and the rest of the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F; then, press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Pour your Broccoli Cheddar Soup into a serving bowl, garnish, and enjoy!