- Skill Level:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Chill Time:
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Yield: 16 slices
- 1½ cups/360 ml Magical Coconut Oil
- 3 cups/600 ml grated carrots
- 2 cups/475 ml all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 2 cups/475 ml sugar
- 1½ cups/360 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 teaspoons/10 ml baking soda
- 2 teaspoons/10 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml salt
- 4 eggs
- Butter for greasing pans
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter, salted, room-temperature
- 3 cups/600 ml powdered sugar
- ½ cup/120 ml chopped pecans
- 3 (8-ounce/230 g) packages cream cheese, room-temperature
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch/23 cm) round baking pans; line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sifted flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add coconut oil, and beat in stand mixer or hand mixer, adding eggs 1 at a time. Whip until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low. Slowly add the flour mixture, then the carrots and pecans; mix until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into baking pans, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove cake from pans, place on waxed paper, and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Add all ingredients except nuts into a medium bowl, and whip until fluffy using a hand mixer.
- Spread frosting across the top of the bottom cake layer. Then, carefully place the second layer on top, and cover the entire cake with the rest of the frosting.
- Apply remaining pecans to the sides of the cake, and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
- Divide your Carrot Cake into thin slices, serve, and enjoy!