Flying French Onion Soup
- Skill Level: --
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: --
- Chill Time: --
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Yield: About 12 Servings
- ½ cup (1 stick) MagicalButter
- 5 cups fortified beef broth
- 4 cups onions, sliced
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons beef base
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian croutons
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the MagicalButter.
- Add the onions, salt, and pepper, and stir thoroughly. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Place ⅓ of the cooked onions inside your MagicalButter machine, setting the rest aside.
- Add the broth, thyme, salt, pepper, and sherry (if desired) to the machine, and secure the lid.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 190°F; then, press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- After 30 minutes, unplug the power cord from the machine to stop the cycle.
- Portion out your remaining onions into oven-safe bowls. Add soup from the pitcher to each bowl, and top with croutons and cheeses.
- Place the bowls into your oven broiler, and broil until a deep golden brown color emerges.
- Remove your Flying French Onion Soup from the broiler, serve immediately, and enjoy!