- Place all ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160ºF/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- Sterilize containers of your choice by boiling them for 5-10 minutes.
- When the cycle is completed, pour the oil into a large container.
- Let the infused oil cool completely before placing the final product into your sterilized containers and closing them.
- Refrigeration of Herbal Insect Repellent is not necessary.
- The final product has a more substantial consistency than the water-based mist spray of most store-bought products.
- Apply a small amount to exposed skin for effective protection.
- If you are expecting to be outdoors for an extended period of time, apply the repellent every two hours.
As a mother, I question everything my kids eat, drink, and put on their bodies. I research countless products, reading every ingredient on the label. As soon as I encounter long chemical names that are nearly impossible to pronounce, I don’t feel comfortable making the purchase. It has prompted me to do more research, and finally to formulate an all-natural, chemical-free, herbal insect repellent. Our recipe really bugs the bugs—with the scent they resent, and the strength to last and keep pests away! Happy mom, happy life, happy household!