Puff Pastry Tart
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
- 2 boxes Puff pastry
- 1 Butternut Squash peeled cleaned and sliced into “fries”
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 large Beet
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 tbsp Vegan milk
- 1 tsp Vegan butter
- 3 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- Fill pot 2/3 way with water and put it on the stove on medium high to boil and preheat oven to 350°.
- While the water is boiling peel and dice beets and sweet potatoes making sure to put them into separate bowls. Wear gloves when peeling beets so they don't stain your hands!
- Once water is boiling add in the beets let them boil for 5 minutes then add in the sweet potatoes and let everything boil together until it is fork tender.
- Once the beets and potatoes are soft remove the pot from the heat and strain them then wait for them to cool.
- While your sweet potatoes and beets cool unbox and lay out your puff pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 6 even(ish) rectangles.
- Lay your butternut squash “fries” in the center of half of your rectangles and top them with a 1/2 tsp of brown sugar 1 tsp of chopped pecans and a dash of cinnamon.
- Brush water or almond milk on the edges of the filled puff pastry rectangles then top that with the empty puff pastry piece.
- Take a fork and press it around the edges crimping them and sealing the two sides together.
- Take your dosed coconut oil and mix in a pinch of salt and all of the nutritional Yeast then brush 1 tbsp of the mixture on top of each puff pastry pocket with a pastry brush.
- Once they have been basted in cannabis oil put them into the oven for 25 minutes paying close attention/keeping an eye on them for the last 5 minutes.
- Now to make the root vegetable icing! In a bowl lightly mash the sweet potatoes butter a pinch of salt nutmeg and beets with a fork then add them to a food processor adding the vegan milk one tblsp at a time blending until smooth.
- You will see the mixture turn a neon pink.
- Fill a piping bag with the beet mixture and put to the side. It should be warm or room temperature for easy piping.
- Once your puff tarts are out of the oven let them cool slightly then pipe the hot pink vegetable icing on top.
- Serve warm. Impress your friends.