Key Lime Cookies
Candies & Desserts
- ½ cup MagicalButter or MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup MagicalButter Tincture
- 1½ cups ml all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups ml sugar
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar (for decoration)
- ¼ cup organic apple juice
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon/Key lime extract
- 1 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon emulsion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Heat the tincture in a sauté pan over medium-low heat until most of the alcohol evaporates (about 15 minutes).
- Add Key lime juice apple juice Key lime extract ¼ cup/60 ml of sugar and lemon emulsion. Heat and stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved and set it aside to cool.
- Mix the coconut oil sugar egg and yolk in a stand mixer for 1-2 minutes or until smooth in texture.
- Add the lime zest and the tincture/extract syrup and mix for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Whisk the flour baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mix–1/3 of it at a time––to the wet mix. When all the flour has been added mix for 1 minute.
- Using a tablespoon form dough balls spaced about 2 inches/5 cm apart on a cookie sheet and bake them for 20 minutes.
- Remove your Key Lime Cookies from the oven allow them to cool and enjoy!