Key Lime in da Coconut Cupcakes
Candies & Desserts
- 3 cups flour
- 2½ cups sugar partitioned into 2 cups/480 ml and ½ cup/120 ml
½ pound (2 sticks) MagicalButter room-temperature
- ¾ cup buttermilk room-temperature
- ⅓ cup grated key lime zest (6-8 large limes)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 4 extra-large eggs room-temperature
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF/180°C.
- Grease and flour your cupcake or mini-cupcake pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment whip the butter and 2 cups/480 ml of granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and the key lime zest.
- In a medium-sized bowl sift together the flour baking powder baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine ¼ cup/60 ml of key lime juice the buttermilk and the vanilla.
- Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Transfer the batter into your cupcake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a test toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the cake. Remove your Key Lime in da Coconut Cupcakes from the oven let them cool completely and enjoy!