Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
Candies & Desserts
Layered to perfection, this Strawberry Shortcake Trifle will be the tastiest and prettiest dessert of the bunch. This recipe is a must for holiday parties!
- Lemon pound cake
- 3 lbs Strawberries
- Whipped cream
- ½ cup Magical Butter room temperature
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream removed from fridge 15 minutes before using
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Lemon Pound Cake Loaf
- Wash and chop the strawberries into medium pieces.
- Slice your pound cake into ½ inch slices.
- Start layering!
- Using a large glass trifle bowl start with a layer of pound cake.
- Next strawberry slices.
- Spoon in an even layer of whipped cream.
- Add another layer of pound cake.
- Another layer of strawberries whipped cream and repeat these layers until you’ve reached the top!
Lemon Pound Cake Loaf
- Preheat oven to 325º Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with baking spray and line.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Beat in the lemon zest lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour salt baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream starting with ⅓ of the flour ½ of the sour cream ⅓ of the flour last of the sour cream then finally the last of the flour.
- Place batter into prepared 8×4-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes then run a knife along the sides and ends remove from pan. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Place cream in the bowl of a stand or hand mixer.
- Whip medium until just before soft peaks begin to form.
- Add sugar until it is fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract until combined.
- Whip until stiff peaks are formed.