道教 Tao Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Soy Citrus Sauce
½ cup/120 ml Magical Coconut Oil
- 16 ounces/450 g sushi-grade ahi tuna (1 solid piece 4-6” in diameter)
- 4-6 tablespoons/60-90 ml black and white sesame seeds
- 8 ounces/240 ml lager beer of your preferred type reduced and added to the sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup/120 ml soy sauce
- 4-8 tablespoons/60-120 ml crystallized ginger (about 5-10 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml orange blossom honey
- 2-3 tablespoons/30-45 ml prepared wasabi
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 kaffir lime leaf (or 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh lime zest)
- Lager reduction
- Baby cilantro sprigs (or chopped cilantro )
- Pickled Thai red chili slivers (or red jalapeño)
- Lime wedges
- Rub the sesame seed oil onto the tuna; then coat with black and white sesame seeds. Refrigerate it on a covered plate for 15 minutes.
- In a large heavy-bottomed sauté pan set to medium-high heat coconut oil for about 60-90 seconds––just before scorching.
- Transfer the tuna from the refrigerator into the pan and sear it on each side for 45-60 seconds.
- Remove the seared tuna from the pan and refrigerate it on a covered plate again until you are ready to serve.
- Add beer to deglaze the pan. Cook until it is reduced by ½ and add it to the sauce.
- Reduce your Tincture to MBO over low heat in a small non-stick pan until thick and syrupy in consistency. Add soy and honey and set it aside.
- Placed all the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 2 Hours/Butter button.
- Pour the sauce into serving dish.
- Serve and enjoy your Tao Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Soy Citrus Sauce!
Serving size is 4 ounces/115 g of tuna and 1-2 tablespoons/15-30 ml of sauce