Authentic Shepherd's Pie
- 4 TBSP MagicalButter
- 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 4 Large carrots
- 1 Bag frozen peas
- 6 Cloves garlic grated
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Cup chicken bone broth
- 1 1/2 lbs gold potatoes
- 1 Cup MagicalButter oil
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 420°F.
- Heat magical oil in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the ground lamb season with salt and pepper and brown for 7 minutes.
- Add the onion carrots peas garlic thyme and rosemary stir and cook for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are soft and the meat is cooked.
- Add the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce and stir to incorporate. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until the liquid evaporates.
- Add chicken bone broth bring to a boil and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain then return to the hot pan and mash.
- Add salt and butter. Mash until well combined.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the lamb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown. Enjoy!