Fresh Tortellini w/ Pomodoro Sauce and Banging Basil Pesto
1 cup/240 ml
- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Olive Oil
- 1 can whole San Marzano tomatoes (about 28 ounces/800 g)
- 1 pound/450 g fresh handmade tortellini (we recommend Buitoni)
- ⅓ cup/80 ml Banging Basil Pesto plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml for garnish
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml dried Italian herbs
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan set to medium heat the oil for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and salt and pepper to taste; cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add balsamic vinegar and dried herbs; cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour tomatoes into a large bowl and crush them into small chunks either with a potato masher or by hand; then add them to the saucepan and bring them to a slow boil.
- Add pesto reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring regularly.
- In a large pot bring very salty water to a boil.
- Boil the tortellini for about 5 minutes or until they float to the top.
- Strain and plate your tortellini top with sauce and drizzled pesto add shredded cheese if desired serve and enjoy!
1 cup / 240 ml of tortellini with ½ -¾ cup/120-180 ml of sauce