- ½ cup Magical Coconut Oil
- 5 cups shrimp broth or water
- 2 pounds raw shrimp in the shell
- ½ pound andouille sausage cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice optional or serve the dish with Creole rice
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup green onions or scallions finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp and keep the shells to make or fortify a broth.
- In a pot or large saucepan on medium heat the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook stirring constantly until lightly browned. Do not burn.
- Add the onion green onions green pepper celery and garlic. Sauté until wilted stirring occasionally.
- Add the sausage stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes thyme and oregano and bring the pot to a boil.
- Stir in the uncooked rice if desired. Add shrimp broth salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered about 25 minutes; add the shrimp and stir.
- Cook about 10 minutes longer or until it has thickened but is still slightly soupy.
- Serve your Shrimp Jambalaya in bowls with chopped green onions on the side as an optional garnish. Enjoy!