- ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Fresh Herbed Duck Fat
- ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Tincture
- ¼ cup/60 ml high-quality herb flower decarbed and finely chopped
- 1 fresh boneless pork loin 3 pounds/1⅓ kg
- 1½ pounds/680 g center-cut bacon
- ⅓ cup/80 ml basil pesto
- ¼ cup/60 ml fresh basil finely chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh ground pepper
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat your smoker or oven to 250°F/120°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine the duck fat pesto oil garlic and herbs.
- Using an extremely sharp knife carefully unroll the pork loin.
- Once your pork loin is rolled out about ½ inch thick rub on the entire herb/oil mixture.
- With a meat needle tenderizer or forks go back and forth over the meat using a repeated stabbing motion to tenderize it; fold it in half and repeat the process. Flip it over and repeat the process again.
- Weave raw bacon strips into a bacon blanket for the pork loin.
- Place the pork loin on the bacon blanket and roll it into a log.
- Truss it (tie it with butcher’s twine) and rub all the excess herb/oil mixture into it. Cover it in a triple layer of foil.
- Bake the Porkchetta in your preheated smoker or oven for 2½ hours.
- Open the foil to expose the top half of the pork. Drain half the juice and fat; then return it to the cooker for 1 hour to crisp up the outer bacon.
- Remove your Porkchetta from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing it and serving your lucky guests! Enjoy!