Pumpkin Patch Natural Gummies
Holiday and Seasonal
View MB2e MagicalButter Machine
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed Ginger Juice
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin or butternut squash roasted pureed
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon Milk Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 tablespoons Agar Agar Powder
- ½ teaspoon Citric Acid Powder
- 1 drop Orange Food Coloring
- In a separate saucepan bring equal parts raw sugar and water to a boil to make a simple syrup.
- Add fresh ginger juice. To do this scrape off the ginger skin with a spoon run through a grater then squeeze to extract the juice.
- Cut a small butternut squash in half lengthwise. Rub lightly with olive oil and sprinkle salt. Roast over fire on a grill. Leave the skin on and roast skin side down the skin will turn almost black but act as a vessel to cook in. Roast 1-2 hours on low heat.
- Put squash into an emulsifier. Add ¼ c water to help achieve puree.
- Pour puree into ginger syrup stir. Add vanilla extract xanthan gum cinnamon milk powder citric acid powder agar powder orange food coloring and MBO. Gently stir until completely combined on low-medium heat about 10 minutes. (if there is any clumping with the milk powder simply puree the fully combined gummy formula on low speed before pouring them into the tray.)
- Pour your gummies into your desired Magical Gummy Tray and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
Pumpkin patch is meant to capture the essence of Fall in New Jersey. The smell of pumpkin and the combination of pumpkin inspired food and drinks with cream, cinnamon, and sugar. This gummy gives you the pumpkiny feel of a creamy coffee or dessert during fall. Recipe by: Chef Jeff Nappe @ChefJeff19