Creamy Pistachio and Basil Pesto Sauce
Sauces & Spreads
A delicious twist on the classic recipe, this basil pistachio pesto may even be better than grandma's!
- ¼ cup Magical Olive Oil
- 2 ounces Fresh Basil (about 1 cup chopped)
- ½ cup Pistachios
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 1¾ cup Heavy Cream
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Black Pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- Add the Magical olive oil pistachios and sliced garlic to the MagicalButter machine.
- Set the temperature to 130º F and press the 1 HOUR cycle. Only cook for 10 minutes gently shaking the machine at 5 minute mark.
- Add the heavy cream parmesan cheese and basil to the machine. Set the temperature to 130º F and press the 1 HOUR cycle.
- Once the cycle has finished add the zest of one lemon. Add black pepper to taste.
- Add to your favorite pasta or use as a sauce to finish beef poultry or other meat!
Recipe provided by Chef Brandon Allen Instagram: @chefbrandonallen