Lobster Roasted Corn Chowder with Truffle Oil and Crispy Pancetta
Small Bites & Appetizers
≈ 5oz/150 ml
½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter(try adding garlic chive and Fresno chili to flavor your MagicalButter)
4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 1 pound/450 g lobster meat (tail and claws shelled sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 1½ cups/355 ml Italian-style chicken broth (with garlic onion rosemary basil and thyme; Progresso Tuscany is a suitable substitute for homemade)
- ½ cup/120 ml dry sherry wine
- ½ cup/120 ml onions chopped
- ¼ cup/60 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml high-quality lobster base (we use Better Than Bouillon brand)
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh thyme
- 3 ears corn grilled or oven-roasted cut from cob (or about 1 can drained)
- 2 medium-sized red potatoes diced and roasted
- 1 fresh carrot peeled and finely diced
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4-6 ounces/115-170 g pancetta or lean center-cut bacon
- Truffle oil
- Black truffle salt
Lobster Roasted Corn Chowder w/Truffle Oil & Crispy Pancetta
Lobster Roasted Corn Chowder w/Truffle Oil Crispy Pancetta
- Poach the lobster: In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat the MagicalButter. Add the lobster salt and pepper and slowly cook for 15 minutes. Set aside over lowest heat for later.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat fry the pancetta in coconut oil until it is crispy.
- Remove the pancetta and set it aside to add to the soup later. Leave the oil in the pan and add half of the butter from the lobster.
- Add the onion carrot and corn and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the flour over your mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the onion mix chicken broth sherry potatoes salt pepper thyme and oil into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160°F/71° C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes unplug the power cord and lift the head of the machine. Add cream and the rest of the butter that was set aside from the lobster. Secure the head on the pitcher.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160°F/71° C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- After the cycle is finished remove the machine head and set it aside. Divide the lobster evenly into 4-6 bowls and pour the soup over the lobster.
- Top your Lobster Roasted Corn Chowder with (drizzled) Truffle Oil & Crispy Pancetta and sprinkle it with black truffle salt. Serve and enjoy!