Pineapple Bacon Habanero Dip
Small Bites & Appetizers
2 tsp MagicalButter
- 1 Pineapple cored and sliced
- 8 ounces bacon
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 – 2 Habanero peppers stemmed seeded and very finely minced
- 2 Blocks light cream cheese (8 ounce)
- 1 Cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Cup sliced green onions
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- Add your MagicalButter to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot place a few pineapple slices in at a time. Cook the pineapple slices without flipping or moving them at all until they are lightly browned about 3-4 minutes. Cook both sides then set the cooked pineapple aside on a plate and continue until all of the pineapple has been browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add in the bacon a few slices at a time. Cook flipping once until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon strips to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop up the bacon and pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour off most of the bacon grease from the pan leaving just a bit for cooking the garlic and habanero. Add the garlic and habanero and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Stir in the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Allow the cream cheese to melt and then add in the seasonings. Stir until evenly distributed. Do the same with the bacon pineapple and green onion reserving a bit of each for topping. Mix in half of the shredded cheeses and smooth the dip mixture evenly into the pan. Top with the remaining shredded cheeses.
- Transfer the dip to the oven and bake until all of the cheese on top is melted and beginning to bubble about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with chips crackers pita bread or pretzels to dip.