Topicals & Salves
1 to 2 tbsp
- 2 cups/475 ml food-grade glycerin
- ¼ cup/60 ml Everclear grain alcohol 151 or 190 proof
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml sunflower lecithin
- 1 ounce/30 g Angelica root
- 1 ounce/30 g red clover
- 1 ounce/30 g nettle root
- 1 ounce/30 ml liquid eyebright
- Place all the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160ºF/71°C; then press the 8 Hours button.
- Sterilize containers of your choice by boiling them for 5-10 minutes.
- When the cycle is completed pour the tincture through your PurifyFilter and store it in sterilized glass containers.
Your Allergy Tincture requires refrigeration and must be used within 3 months. Shake well before each use. For those who suffer from mild seasonal allergies and have not been on heavy allergy medications, this tincture may help bring welcome relief and build resistance. It contains dong quai (Angelica sinensis) as well as nettle root, herbs that have both natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory qualities. Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) reduces congestion and secretions. It is good for itchy eyes, sneezing, and excess mucus. Red clover (Trifolium pratense) helps build the body’s resistance to allergies. Take just one to two tablespoons a day. Remember to be patient; herbal remedies generally take some time to manifest their full effects.