Edible Healing Salve
Topicals & Salves
- 3 cups/700 ml coconut oil
- 4 ounces/115 g fresh aloe vera
- ½ ounce/14 g lavender
- 2 teaspoons/10 ml lecithin
- ⅓ ounce/8 g calendula (aka marigold)
- ⅓ ounce/8 g chamomile
- Place all ingredients into your MagicalButter machine and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button and select 160ºF/71°C; then press the 2 Hours/Butter button.
- Sterilize containers of your choice by boiling them for 5-10 minutes.
- When the cycle is completed pass the salve through your PurifyFilter.
- Pour the salve into your sterilized containers.
Your Edible Healing Salve requires no refrigeration. Edible healing salve has many excellent attributes. It helps to alleviate eczema and psoriasis, as well as minor cuts and sensitive skin breakouts. Calendula (also known as marigold) helps prevent wrinkles and scarring, plus it fights free radicals. Chamomile, with its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities, provides wonderful relief of itching. Aloe vera has been known the world over for centuries for its rejuvenating and healing properties. Coconut oil prevents pores from clogging, while lavender gives it a wonderful aroma. As a bonus…it’s even edible! Spread it on toast or a cracker, and sprinkle with pink Himalayan sea salt. As the saying goes, If you wouldn’t eat it, why would you put it on your skin? Bon appetit!