- Skill Level: Hard (like the candies!)
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: About 15 Minutes
- Chill Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Serving Size: 2 Pieces
- Yield: About 20 Pieces
- 1/2-1 cup MagicalButter Tincture
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tsp of water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp of corn syrup
- 1/16 tsp cream of tartar
- 5-10 drops food coloring (optional) Also needed:
- Hard-candy molds
- Candy thermometer
- Preheat your oven to the lowest temperature setting. Ensure that the temperature is set below 200°F.
- In a baking bowl, add the sugar and Magical Tincture, and mix thoroughly with a spoon. The mixture will look grainy.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a baking pan, and smooth it with a spoon.
- Bake the mixture in the middle of the oven, removing it from the oven and stirring every 15-20 minutes, until it eventually achieves a dry consistency (at least 1 hour).
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Make sure that your Magical Sugar is completely dry before placing in an airtight container for storage in a cool, dry place.
- In a pan add your water, corn syrup, and cannasugar. Allow sugar to melt into the water.
- Let sit until the temperature reaches 302 degrees F. As soon as your candy thermometer reaches 302 degrees F, remove from heat.
- Add cream of tartar and coloring, mix, and then get ready to pour! Make sure your molds are ready ahead of time, your candy will harden quickly.
- Pour into molds and let your candies harden at room temperature.