- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Chill Time: Overnight
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Yield: 4-6 Sandwiches
- 2-1/2 Cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1 TBSP plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 3 TBSP melted MagicalButter
Chicken Fried Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-Quart buttermilk to marinate chicken
- 2 Cups vegetable oil for frying
- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1 Cup milk plus 1-2 optional tablespoons (depending on your preference of thicker or thinner gravy)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in heavy cream and gently stir with fork. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Form dough into a ball. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out about 1¼ inch thick.
- Using a 2¼ inch biscuit cutter, cut out rounds.
- Place biscuits closely together on MB silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown on top, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Chicken Fried Chicken
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bags.
- Add the buttermilk and hot sauce.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator overnight to incorporate flavors.
- Add the seasonings into the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder; mix with a whisk.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk.
- Place seasoning in large ziplock bag
- Add chicken one piece at a time and shake vigorously making sure chicken is coated.
- Allow the oil to heat to 375 degrees.
- Cook chicken about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken with tongs on to a large baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- Melt butter.
- Add flour to butter, and whisk.
- Slowly add the milk, and whisk to incorporate. Whisk until smooth.
- Gravy will thicken, add in the additional milk if you want a thinner gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.