Coconut Curry Mussels
- Skill Level: Medium
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: about 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Chill Time:
- Serving Size: 10-15 mussels and 1/4 cup of sauce
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- ½ cup Magical Coconut oil
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons Thai or Italian basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup Magical Coconut Oil
- 2½ pounds mussels
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Italian basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place all the sauce ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid..
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F. Then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, cook the bell peppers and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels, and stir. Cover the pan, and let the mussels steam about 2-3 minutes until opened.
- Add the 2 tablespoons each of cilantro and basil, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Ladle your Coconut Curry Mussels into individual bowls, top with more cilantro and basil, serve with a lime wedge, and enjoy!